Search This Blog

Travel Guide: Isla Jardin Del Mar Resort Glan, Sarangani Province


Isla Jardin Del Mar is just one of the many resorts in Gumasa Beach of Glan, Sarangani Province. It is said to be the fanciest resort in Gumasa but has the best facilities among others. It covers around 750 meter long white sand beach shoreline and pristine waters. For a budget traveler like me, their rooms are quite pricey...BUT WAIT!!! they have a space for camping with a minimal camping fee of Php 100/night. Note: Bring your own tent.

We arrived at Isla Jardin around 7pm and being a backpacker, we opted to pitch tent and cooked our own food with the cook set and stove that we have. (Another good news: No corkage fee). If my memory serves me right, this was my first beach camping experience.

Waking up naturally because of the sound of the waves crashing on the shore is just so good that it  almost felt music to my ear. T'was one of the most relaxing moment I had my entire life. 

I immediately went out of our tent to finally see the beach and yes, nature never did betray the heart that loved her. It was pure paradise! A walk on the shore of Gumasa beach is just plain awesome. Even if its too much to say, this is my most beautiful, calming and feel-good beach experience. Let me enumerate why:

1. 750 meter long white sand beach and pristine water.

2. 'Unspoiled'. I have to commend Isla Jardin for making this possible. Their beach front is just clean.   Just some rocks and falling leaves along the way (part of nature). Nevertheless, no human trashes since there are designated trash cans everywhere.

3. THE MAIN REASON: WE LITERALLY OWN THE BEACH!!! No one... As in no other people/guest was there. (except for the resort staff of course). Its like walking and swimming on your own private beach and be disturb by no one. I love how secluded the attractions and destinations are in Mindanao. Perfect for those who love to be alone and just be one with nature.

Note: Aside from being situated in Mindanao that makes it hard for tourists to go to, we visited Isla Jardin on a weekday. I heard that on weekends, it can really be crowded too.

Here are some photos to convince you otherwise:


 

































ISLA JARDIN RATES





How to get there:
1. If you're coming from Manila or outside Mindanao. The nearest entry point is General Santos City Airport.
2. Take a cab and tell your driver to drop you off at KCC Mall. 
3. There's a van terminal at KCC Mall bound to Glan, Sarangani. Fare is Php 100/head. Around 1-2 hours travel time.
4. Tell you're driver that you're going to Gumasa Beach and he must drop you off at E. Alegado Transport Terminal. From there, you have to ride a tricycle or habal habal bound to the resort of your choice. Fare is around Php 100-200 depending on the resorts location.

Share:

4 comments

  1. Hi Sara,

    This is good stuff. I read all of your blogs and I was so amaze about how you make it just like storytelling. I am now officially a fan of yours. lol Hope to see you at the summit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kith,

      It is so rare to receive comments on my blog which is just pure appreciation. Thank you for that! You made me smile :) And yes, hope to see you in the mountains!

      Delete
  2. Hi Sara,

    Hoping to see that smile(lol). If you can accept my friend request in Facebook and IG. You will make me smile as well. I just want to follow you in every social media if possible. I'm not a stalker. I have NBI, Barangay and police clearance, etc (Lol). I'm a good person ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Until what time is the vanterminal to glan is open ma'am?

    ReplyDelete